There is a lot of information to digest in my services, and the choice to bring
someone into your most vulnerable and sacred family unit is not a light one. I have
answered some common questions you may be having. If there is anything here that
doesn't answer your question please book a discovery call and I will happily
answer anything else you are curious about.
There is a lot of information to digest in my services, and the choice to bring someone into your most vulnerable and sacred family unit is not a light one. So here I have answered some common questions you may be having. If theres anything here that doesn't answer your question please book a discovery call and I will happily answer anything else you are wondering or concerned about.Book A Discovery Call
There is a growing fixation on independence in childhood and not enough on attachment, connection, and nurturing. While it is true that we want to help our children develop skills in independence, it is of the utmost importance for them to feel that they play a part in the collective (interconnection/interdependence).
We want to grow a flourishing ecosystem, not just a potted houseplant. We should always be mindful of developmental readiness, appropriate environments, and sensory overload. Most children are stretched far beyond their capacities in body, mind, and spirit.
If we set realistic expectations, we observe an ease and effortlessness that sets
the foundation for thriving health and wellbeing. This soul-nourishment creates confident, capable, and creative children. Then, we can witness as the tiny seed sprouts and grows into a gorgeous wildflower, a tiny acorn into a grand oak.
If you resonate with the any of the following,
we may be an ideal match:
- You believe that NURTURING is the medicine that the world needs.
- You desire to parent from a heart-centered place, not driven by constant convenience.
- You are willing to except that we have a responsibility to care for ourselves, our families, your future lineage, which greatly affects the world at large. The health of the parents determines the health of the children which dictates the health of the planet. It is not your responsibility to heal everyone in your ancestry, but we can strive for reverent repairs. The best route to familial healing is by healing our
relationships to ourselves, our children, the land and our respective communities.
- You understand that our goal is not limited to behavior management and there is no such thing as a perfect child nor parent. You are committed to self development without self-judgment (striving for self-compassion).
- You are open and willing to learn, grow and expand your beliefs and perspectives.
- You want to experience radical transformation and take personal responsibility for the effort it takes to make the shift, without putting all your eggs in one basket.
- You acknowledge that holistic means “whole” and have an appreciation of both science and spirit and value physical, emotional, spiritual and energetic intelligence as much as cognitive intelligence.
- You value yourself and family enough to invest your time, efforts and financial exchange.
- You are committed (with grace) to do the work.
- You are craving soul nourishment, real community, and would love to align with others who “get you" and could be considered kindred spirits.
- You consider yourself a sovereign thinker, a non-conformist and are able to contemplate freely, beyond the boundaries of mainstream culture and/or imposed traditional norms.
- You don’t buy into “hustle culture” or the need to start prepping your toddler for college.
- You value common sense and felt sense. You realize there is more to our health and wellbeing than is found in medical textbooks and what Western/allopathic medicine can pathologize.
- Ideally, you would choose meditation/mindfulness over medication. Or other natural forms of stress-management.
"Ashley "Mama Yum" would come over a few times a week for a few hours. She would bring me the most nutritional and healthy food, she would give me tinctures, she would pray over me, she would listen to me, we would draw cards, she would massage me. She helped massage my stomach when I was so constipated from all the pain meds. She was an angel. And became more like a sister. Her knowledge was and continues to be inspiring. Of course I paid for her services, but I would have paid double. It was absolutely priceless. All the while I was falling deeper in love with my son. She is still my go to for child/mother questions, and will forever be a soul sister and a touchstone for me. "
" Wow. The tumor is definitely smaller. And feels very, very different to the touch! As soon as I saw my daughter, the energy between us was waayyyy different. She has been more lovey-dovey and it feels so easy between us. That was absolutely amazing work. I feel the difference definitely!!!! Hard to put into words but I am very, very grateful. The Theta session was instrumental on helping me get back on track."
" I was remembering back to last year at this time, andfeeling lots of heart warmth and gratitude "You were also a wealth of information, knowledge and traditional wisdom about nurturing, holistic postpartum care, as, for example, you helped P adjust to new motherhood and brought in a colleague to help advise with lactation issues she was experiencing. And you also suggested P have an in-home session pre-birth with a specialist who helped P physically prepare for the birthing experience—I was amazed at what P learned, and I believe it contributed to the short amount of time P spent pushing before A arrived on the scene! Your devoted care of P and A last year was truly extraordinary. You prepared and brought wonderfully nourishing foods for P. You gently massaged her belly to put her in a relaxed state and speed the healing process, and you had many great recommendations for P’s further physical healing. You are an amazing postpartum practitioner, Ashley. I am in awe of everything you did for us, and especially for P’s and A’s first precious postpartum weeks together. Your love and care were foundational to giving our family the most precious start on their journey as a new, young family. Words cannot really express my deep gratitude to you for all you did for us last year in those early weeks. I learned so much from you about how to be a supportive grandparent, even though that was not your mission. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. ❤️"
"I attended a mama’s/women’s retreat afternoon that was facilitated by Ashley. I have attended many women’s circles over the years, and this was by far the most beautifully and thoughtfully organized. I am beyond grateful to Ashley and co-facilitator Jess for creating a safe and soulful container for us all to express, connect, explore, and integrate in community with one another. The somatic and self-reflection exercises that Ashley lead us through taught me new skills to support me in processing and regulating my own emotions so that I can show up as a more whole-hearted and embodied woman for myself, my family, and my community. "
"If you are searching for real magic, wondering how to "do the work", or looking for ways to get out of negative patterns and loops in your life, it is here. Ashley is so knowledgeable, intuitive, and nurturing in her guidance and presence. She generously offers new ways of being. I have seen real shifts in my energy and reflected in my life from just one session."
"Mama is officially outside of her most tender 2 week window and let me tell you.....I feel amazing! My bleeding is gone, my energy levels are up, my hormones feel stable and I can quickly feel my body gaining strength each day. Without a doubt, I contribute this to a very strict postpartum plan I developed and that care that I have received. A very special shout out to my postpartum practitioner Ashley of Raising Our Rootz who has poured so much love and energy into me. Her tender, loving care and my complete gratitude can not be put into words."
"Ashley is a divine human being. I felt deeply cared for and nurtured by her during our Theta Healing session. Deeply intuitive and insightful into the deeper patterns I am working with and helping remove blocks in my life to live my full potential. I highly recommend her for Theta Healing and for any workshop she offers. She is a gift to the world and all she touches."